We have a current opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager, Institutional Asia within a leading, global asset management firm. This position will be based in Singapore. Reporting to the Head of Asia Pacific Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and executing promotional strategies aligned and in conjunction with the sales strategy that drive client acquisition, client satisfaction and retention, and consultant ratings with institutional clients. Embedded within these activities is clearly establishing what differentiates and strengthens the firms reputation of having competitive investment strategies, building out campaigns and other programs to reach out to target audiences and syndicating content that is of relevance for the institutional market.
Duties and responsibilities
* Develop an integrated marketing plan for Asia Institutional to effectively position our institutional business across multiple mediums (marketing collateral, web, client-facing events, and written communications).
* Partner with institutional sales, product specialists, product marketing, and other colleagues to build individual marketing strategies for each of our key institutional products; ensure that product positioning and key differentiators are carried consistently across all marketing mediums.
* Continue to build out brand identity for our institutional clients that establishes the firm as a strong institutional player and differentiates us in the marketplace; ensure that brand positioning is carried across all key mediums (print, digital, speaking opportunities, advertising, events, and webinars).
* In partnership with investment teams, product management and institutional marketing teams in other locations, drive proactive and compelling investment insights designed to help raise and retain assets in focus strategies.
* Partner with our Content and Client Portfolio Management teams to identify thought leadership topics and generate thought leadership content; package that content across key mediums (print, web, presentations, webinars, etc.).
* Share campaign vision, plan, and results across the business by tracking progress and providing monthly updates.
* Create a client communications strategy focused on targeting clients with relevant and timely investment insights and updates that help inform investment thinking and decisions.
* Maintain fiscal responsibility over the Asia institutional marketing budget.
* Align marketing resources for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
* Work closely with the broader marketing organization and manage external vendors on the creation and execution of initiatives as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
* Demonstrated success identifying and developing partnerships and strong relationships within the institutional client segment.
* Deep market knowledge of the global asset management industry and deep understanding of the institutional client segments as well as investment strategies, key regulatory and industry trends.
* Strong understanding of the institutional sales and client retention process.
* Proven marketing experience and deep experience in the development of campaign messaging and value propositions.
* Prior experience managing a small team.
* Strong project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment.
* Ability to engage, influence and direct others to execute against business and firm goals.
* Thorough understanding of compliance requirements in Asia for the institutional marketplace.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong group presentation skills.
* Ability to travel within region and internationally.
* Minimum 5 years marketing experience in the asset management industry, including direct contact with distribution and in-depth knowledge of the distribution process.
* Broad institutional marketing experience in fixed income, equity, multi-asset, and alternatives platforms.
* Proven ability to develop marketing and promotional strategies that successfully drive business goals.
If you feel that your skill set is aligned please apply.
The SR Group (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.