Our client is a global law firm with 400 partners, 2000 legal professionals and 3600 staff in over 40 offices across six continents.
The Senior Business Development Manager Europe (m/f/d) is a key component of the European Business Development Team, working with the wider Business Development leadership team, to bring the European regional offices together in their collaborative development and pursuit of clients. The role reports to the Global Head of Business Development. It can be based in Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Paris or Madrid and will work closely with the European board, the European office management teams and the Global and Regional Business Development leadership and sector teams.
Fluency in European languages is critical: German, French, Spanish according to the location of the role; and English.
- collaborate with European board and office management partners on strategy and tactics
- Engage with contacts at clients and targets (Marketing & Communications activity)
- Evaluation by clients and targets of capability and appropriates to instruct
- Conversion of opportunities to instructions
- Retention of existing clients, and expansion of relationship to other offices and practices
- Operational Management
Essential Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience of working as a senior business development practitioner within a fast-paced professional services environment, preferably within the legal industry, including: Developing clear strategies and business plans for key sectors and demonstrating the resulting increase in revenue / Managing the implementation of strategically-aligned marketing activities / Implementing and managing appropriate cross-practice and international activities / Developing and implementing a business development strategy
- Experience of setting and monitoring budgets
- Works comfortably at a Senior level and possesses the ability to influence key partner/lawyer groups
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities within tight timescales
- Able to work to very tight deadlines under pressure and to assimilate information quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills including confidence, positivity, diplomacy and the ability to gain credibility quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Positive and tenacious with the ability to pro-actively drive initiatives forward and motivate resources within and outside their team to perform
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.