Visit Cornwall are seeking a talented and ambitious individual who will be key in transforming them into the best tourism board in the country.
This is a huge commercial challenge to really develop the whole Visit Cornwall proposition and build the organisation through the creation of a sizeable and sustainable revenue base. The website and ecommerce will be at the heart of this. You will double Visit Cornwall's 3 million unique visitors by creating a superb user experience destination website. You will monetise the opportunity through online booking, advertising, and promotion to build an annual surplus of £2million
Your work will be ground-breaking in the sector and set a new standard of best practice. You will drive significant benefits to our membership and make a name for yourself in the travel and tourism sector
Duties to include:
- Spearheading the development of a new destination website, ecommerce potential, monetisation of the website and other ecommerce/digital income streams
- Intelligent, creative, innovative, and stylish marketing and merchandising
- A powerful and hardworking digital presence, which produces a strong ROI
- Slick, intuitive online booking system for accommodation, attractions, and activities
- Powerful brand ambassador
- Leading from the front with a strong, passionate, entrepreneurial, driven and highly motivated style
- Building a digital and ecommerce team to achieve continued growth
This is a senior leadership position and a unique opportunity.
You will be a strong digital marketeer with a proven track record, a proven business builder who has demonstrable success in ecommerce; an inspiring leader with an impressive record of delivery
Ideally you will come from the travel, tourism or hospitality sector and have:
- Experience of interfacing with booking / reservations systems and more complex technology
- Exposure to Online Travel Agency (OTA) holiday booking functionality arena, as well as experience/activity booking and online ticketing for attractions and events
- Destination/ Place marketing
- Experience of working with yield/ revenue management
- Proven episodes of entrepreneurial or Intrapreneurial success where you have innovated, developed, and executed the creation of substantial new revenue streams
- A love of Cornwall!
Salary £60,000 + benefits.
If this is you, please apply to Paul Gould at Carter Murray using the apply now link.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.