Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 months ago
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced, innovative and commercially driven Event Director to lead the development and implementation of the events strategy and calendar in order to maximise the visibility and the positioning of our client's region as a preferred tourism destination. Reporting into the Chief Marketing Destination Officer you will be a key member of the Destination Marketing team and be responsible for all flagship events strategy to deliver an unforgettable experience.
- Draft and implement large scale events developed to promote the country with the P&L management responsibility. Major events are of $ multimillions budgets.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and industry partners to find the needed advocacy, resources and strategies.
- Manage strategic relationships with suppliers and partners and manage investments for the hospitality, entertainment, retail and F&B sectros
- Implement innovative ideas of suite of high quality events envolving music, art, sport, etc.
- Overall management of the Events division, including budget development and oversight, staff and agencies supervision, community and government relations and board governance.
The ideal candidate will have strong events management background and a minimum of 15 years' experience working with premium touristic destinations and/or projects. Candidates should have strong strategic, project management, content & messaging, account handling, budgeting, resource management, business development, pitch & proposal and leadership skills along with good production knowledge.
- Significant experience at a Director level.
- Event production experience with large budget event experience - international preferable.
- Experience of using ROI methodology.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - excellent presenter and confident at communicating at a senior level (Exec/board).
- Strategic thinker - ability to rise above, read the market and anticipate change.
- Leadership - leads by example, establishes trust and respect.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.