Carter Murray is looking for a Conservator Senior Specialist (Paper and Books) for a giga-project in the tourism and entertainment industry.
The ideal candidate will implement strategy, policies and procedures related to the conservation and preservation of the organisation collections and exhibitions. The post will focus on the conservation and preservation of Books and Paper managed by the organisation Collections Department.
The position is based in Saudi Arabia.
- Produce Condition Reports and Treatment proposals on Books and Paper Items to assess their condition and mitigate any identified deterioration.
- Undertake preventive and remedial processes to ensure the stability of book and paper items in the collections and library.
- Develop and implement conservation work programs in conjunction with direct manager.
- Design, implement, maintain and review training materials for conservation of objects and deliver training for staff in order to enhance the staff skills in conservation techniques and practices.
- Build and maintain partnerships with relevant external stakeholders to keep updated with the latest and most advance conservation techniques and practices.
- Maintain full conservation records by documenting the condition of book and/or paper, including any previous restoration work and outline treatment methods and materials in detail.
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects concerning the care, maintenance, preventive conservation or restoration of the collections, and recommend appropriate storage and display conditions.
- Prepare books and paper items for and provide conservation support for exhibitions and installations
- Undertake collections level conservation surveys of collections
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Object conservation or equivalent in a related field.
- 5 years of relevant practical experience
- Written and oral proficiency of English language. Oral proficiency in Arabic is beneficial.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.